Friday, May 2, 2008

Who needs wisdom anyways...?

Had my wisdom teeth taken out today, finally. I have had them since I was, well born I suppose, but visible and up to mischief since I was about 19. Seven years later they are out and good riddens to them.

I don't want to get into a rant about the health care system, but I am nothing but amazingly impressed by health care in the US. In England it would have taken about 9 months to have them taken out. Seeing dentists, waiting for referrals, waiting to see a consultant and then waiting for an available slot to have them extracted. All said it took two weeks in the US. It ain't free mind and can be extremely expensive, especially compared to our free but decrepit NHS.

Here's a picture of me wearing a strap-on cheek-chill system I rigged up to keep the doctor happy!

No comments: